Compounding is a method of altering or enhancing medication to suit a patient’s drug needs accordingly.
Dependent on the physician’s prescription, medication is modified to ensure safety, give way for better options, and defeat the unavailability of certain mass-produced drugs.
We offer compounding services to help address the specific requirements of patients when it comes to their prescription medications. We formulate compounded medicines according to the specifications set forth by our patients’ prescribing physicians. We work with you and your doctor all throughout the compounding process to ensure that you are getting the right medicine at the right form and dosage.
Laboratory work at Lexann Pharmacy is handled by licensed and skilled pharmacists who compound patient medications cleanly and securely in a contained laboratory.
Here are more benefits to compounding:
- Patients who are allergic to certain formulations can look to other forms
- Physicians can better personalize a patient’s treatment plan through customized medication
- Useful and safe for children or seniors who have flavor or swallowing preferences
- Allows patients to control their dosages and intake schedules
- More potent to effectively capture an ailment using precisely blended formulas
- Suitable for other medical fields such as veterinary medicine
Compounded medications take several forms such as:
- Lip Balms
- Pediatric Dosages
- Geriatric Dosages
- Topical Sprays
- Oral Sprays
- Nasal Sprays
- Urethral Inserts
- Eye Drops
- Cough Drops
- Sterile Injections
- Transdermal Gels
- Liquids for Tube Administration (G-tube or J-tube)
- Sterile Dosage Forms (e.g. Injections)
Have your medication compounded by experts at Lexann Pharmacy today. Call us at 973-678-1700 or 973-763-0010.